We’ve been under a cold and upper respiratory fog that just will not go away. Thankfully, we seem to be slowly coming out the other side of the tunnel and I know there are things I was grateful for even in the midst of hard daily life circumstances.
41. extra soft Kleenex, big three pack, that my husband picked up for us
42. daughter who served me hot tea on a tray with a card and light candle, so cheerful and an unexpected blessing
43. fluffy duvet covers to snuggle under
44. the brilliant star-filled sky out of our big window in the upstairs hall. I’ve been up a lot with children, my own coughing, and I kept noticing it as I passed by.
45. I made a simple meal of meatballs and mash potatoes and my family was in raptures. Hallelujah for happy stomachs!
46. thick, soft socks
47. children who helped out with cooking while I was really sick
48. glorious orange sunrise this morning, shining through a purple and pale blue haze, so beautiful
49. sunlight has been rare lately, so when it visits, the shafts throughout the house are lifegiving
50. sharing the reading of our books together, cuddling under quilts, listening to music and watching Victorian Farm episode on Youtube. Flexibility to keep going when sick at a comfortable speed.