We awoke to a thick, delicious, white frosting spread across the land. We are delighted and are celebrating by baking something to go with our hot drinks and books today.
31. my daughter’s little whispy bits of hair blowing in the warm, wood-pellet stove air
32. banana and walnut go together so very well, do they not?
33. a lovely time with four mothers, a passel of children, books, beauty, and delightful conversations
34. impromptu date with my middle two, listening to their dreams, ideas, and having lots of laughs together
35. first holiday party of the season tomorrow, a chance to listen and encourage, and wash a few dishes 😉
36. little hands peeling mandarins, fresh, sweet citrus-y smell
37. wood smoke curling out of all the Amish schools, yards full of little carts, recesses of little, black-clad children running around. Crowds of them walking along the roadside, brightly colored lunch coolers banging against their legs
38. anticipating the 200 bulbs the little children and I planted last month. Spring will be glorious thanks to those little gems tucked away
39. tea with honey. I’m a coffee person, but in autumn and winter, “lashings of tea” is the way to go!
40. The only Christmas-y thing I’ve began early is Bing Crosby. Swoon, so cheerful and comforting