MY heart in chiming gladness o’er and o’er
Sings on “GOD’S everlasting love! What
would’st Thou more?”
Yes, one thing more! To know it ours indeed,
To add the conscious joy of full possession! –
O tender grace that stoops to every need!
This everlasting love hath found expression
In loving-kindness which hath gently drawn
The heart that else astray too willingly had gone…
We thirst for GOD, our treasure is above;
Earth has no gift our one desire to meet,
And that desire is pledge of His own love.
The Cloud of Witness, p. 109
81. children using leftover pie dough for little cinnamon sugar creations
82. my husband snuggled on couch, wrapped in sleeping bag, children all around him, and sitting on his lap
83. all of us talking to the turkey like he is part of our family. He was taking a cold water bath and we kept poking him and conversing with him! Ha.
84. Kitchen Aid mixture is such a good friend at holiday time
85. lovely brunch conversation and my little children licking their fingers from the cinnamon rolls
86. a child seeing that I was cooking bacon and hollering for joy, “BACON!”
87. temperamental can opener working
88. talking books with oldest and pursing Goodreads and the local library online site
89. bed sheets flapping in the cold, crisp wind – they are going to smell so fresh
90. one daughter helping me cook bacon and scrambled eggs, another mixing OJ, and my son placing the cinnamon rolls on pan – those moments when cooking together is so fun
91. my fluffy mauve sweater
92. new light bulbs put in, the kitchen is a brand new space! Ha.
93. fabric purchased and waiting to be washed for a Christmas project. Crossing my fingers that I can finish something
94. a new refined to-do list for the next few weeks – not too bad
95. a Christmas gift arrived for my 9 yo daughter that I know she is going to LOVE and I’m pleased with it.
96. new, fresh day after a few rough ones, Tylenol and hot, delicious coffee helping me to get going
97. my 4 yo laughing at a funny part in the book The Napping House, his giggle is so darling
98. the sizzle of the turkey and the juicy, slicing of apples
99. the Narnia movie soundtrack
100. the way the children’s art flutters on our art line in the house, heat blowing up and in, warming the heart of our home
So many tangible and intangible blessings all year round! ❤ Thanks for joining me this month, noticing our blessings ~